Any problem in eyes can disturb you to a great deal. The eyes function just as a camera and comprise of a lens that focuses the light to produce a clear image. It is said that maximum light should pass through the lens to get maximum vision. If there is any issue with the focusing lens, the individual might experience problems in vision. The common problems with sight are hypermetropia and myopia. With the increasing age, it is seen that the lens become cloudy creating a disturbance in viewing things. This problem is termed as cataract.
The problem of cataract is common in old aged people. Earlier, people had to go under the knife in order to get the best treatment for the problem because surgery is the only solution to this problem. But with the advancement in technology, people can get a solution to their problem and gain normal vision without going under the knife. Laser cataract surgery is one of the best techniques to cure cataract in minimum time. During the surgery the clouded lens is removed and an artificial lens is implanted to provide a clear vision to the patient. In comparison to the traditional method, the eye test Sydney has several benefits. Though there are many people who think that it might damage their eyes, it is necessary that you know that the laser technique is far more effective than the traditional method. Here are some of the benefits that you will enjoy by going for a laser surgery.
• Precision and accuracy – using the laser technique, the doctors create an accurate incision in a circular fashion which aids in enhanced accuracy while placement of intraocular lens thereby enhancing the chances of getting more clear vision. During the process, a high quality designer eyewear Sydney is used to perfectly target the affected area.
• Less use of energy – in comparison to the traditional method of cataract removal, the laser surgery uses less energy. The ultrasound energy used is 45% less in the process.
• No damage to the cells – the laser technique does not cause any damage to the endothelial cells that preserves the clarity of the cornea. On the contrary, the cells are damaged when the surgery is done in the traditional way.
• Astigmatism correction – it is often seen that the people who have undergone cataract surgery are advised to wear glasses and prevent direct exposure to sunlight or other sources of light. This problem can also be resolved by undergoing the laser treatment.
• Less time – the traditional surgery takes more time in comparison to the laser surgery. You can immediately go back to your home after undergoing the laser cataract treatment.